Pages

Thursday, June 12, 2014

London?!?!




Call me crazy - Borderline insane even but if you asked me a year ago what the first place in Europe I would like to visit would be I would most likely name 10 places before London, England.  In fact a year ago I really had no interest in going to London at all which is even more nutty because eventually you will learn I have a slight obsession with European history primarily the 15th and 16th century most importantly the wild seductive world of King Henry VIII. So naturally I should be out of my skin to go to London, nope not a chance, even now I am cringing typing that.  


So when I decided to take the hubs to London for an Arsenal game for his birthday I still wasn't 100% sold.  In fact I spent days begging and begging to extend our trip and spend time in France or Ireland because in my warped head England couldn't hold a candle to them.  He wasn't having it, shot me down over and over, luckily for M he has been to London a few times and knows the absolute brilliance that is England and the slight ignorance that was his wife.  So I started researching, planned the trip, got into the whole London will be great idea, its the perfect first stop in Europe, I can handle a rainy week in April there, etc.  WHO WAS I KIDDING...London is incredible rain and all. 


The city, the culture, the history, the ambiance, the quaintness, and did I mention Palaces, what girl doesn't love palaces, If you ever get a chance to visit take it and you will be thrilled you did.  London is classic it is everything I love and it is the backbone and inspiration behind this arguably lovely piece of the internet that you are reading right now.  Through here I am going to mention some of my favorite travel spots home and abroad and hope that other people can use it as a tool while planning their own trips.  The best thing I got from London is not just the wonderful experience I had over their but the new outlook on life I had when I came back.  I can promise this will not be the first and last time you hear about this magical trip there will be more to come and I will try to not be so sentimental next time, Cheers. 


No comments:

Post a Comment