Pages

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Strawberry Shortcake with Lemon White Chocolate Mousse


Nothing screams summer like Strawberry Shortcake and no better way to ring in the beginning of my favorite season than with this refreshing dessert.  I have added a few of my own little twists that knock this recipe out of the park and even better it is so incredibly simple to make!  



I was inspired to make this by a trio of preserves that we had bought while in England.  We had gone to visit Stonehenge for a day and I totally fell sucker to the lady giving jam tastings in the gift shop.  Yep, I was that girl that had to try and buy at least three of them - come on they threw in the cutest little burlap travel bag for free with three.  Clearly I couldn't resist at that point, but in all seriousness these things were good, real good, even M felt the need to buy them and he buys NOTHING.  So if you go to Stonehenge besides the big rocks go to the gift shop and buy these Jams they will not disappoint.  My absolute favorite was the Lemon Curd - it was incredible, light, flavorful, fresh, and absolutely delicious!  I knew I had to use it for something special and nothing is more special to me than strawberry shortcake, my absolute favorite dessert OF ALL TIME! 



I am not lying when I said this was super easy to make!  First mix the heavy cream with half of a packet of White Chocolate Instant pudding mix, as it begins to stiffen add the lemon curd by tablespoon to taste and continue to mix until it thickens and soft peaks form, feel free to use any type of lemon curd I have seen it at most major grocery stores.  Key thing here is to try and not lick the entire bowl...it is not easy.  I had sliced my strawberries in the morning and added a little bit of Grand Marnier for flavor and let them sit throughout the day.  When ready to eat just assemble your shortcake, I used southern style biscuits as they are my favorites and I love their texture and the sweet/salty flavor but you can use anything!  Then it's time to Dive In and I promise you will be licking the plate as these were divine!

~Ingredients~ 
Serves 4 
1 Quart Strawberries
1/4 Cup of Lemon Curd
1/2 of a packet of White Chocolate Instant Pudding
16 Oz. Heavy Whipping Cream
2 Tbsp. Grand Marnier
4 Southern Style Biscuits
Mint to Garnish

No comments:

Post a Comment